LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The reorganization of the convention is once more in full swing. Lower than 12 months after Texas and Oklahoma introduced final summer time that they have been leaving the Huge 12 for the SEC, USC and UCLA are actually on the transfer from the Pac-12 to the Huge Ten.
Whereas we have entered a holding sample with regards to convention realignment information, it looks like it is solely a matter of time earlier than extra strikes are made. The SEC and Huge Ten are on monitor to turn into two tremendous conferences, whereas the ACC, Huge 12 and Pac-12 are preventing to maintain up.
There have been loads of rumors about who will probably be subsequent to hitch the SEC-Huge Ten arms race, however which colleges are literally essentially the most coveted for convention realignment?
Sports activities IllustratedPat Forde sought to reply this query by not too long ago publishing Need Assessments for every college. This method measures the convention worth of every Energy 5 college primarily based on 5 elements:
- Soccer Rankings: “5-year common of Sagarin rankings from 2017-21 utilizing solely present and future Energy 5 colleges”
- Tutorial Rankings: “the newest US New & World Report nationwide college rankings revealed in 2021”
- All-Sports activities Rankings: “Learfield Administrators’ Cup Division I Rankings for the 2021-2022 tutorial yr, evaluating efficiency in 19 sports activities”
- Soccer attendance: “common attendance at residence video games from 2017-21, excluding yr 20 as this season was closely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic”
- Present viewership: “Complete variety of soccer video games with a million or extra viewers in 2017-21”
Once you put all these metrics collectively, Louisville ranks simply fifty fifth amongst 69 Energy 5 colleges. The Cardinals are ranked 53rd in soccer, tied for sixty fifth in teachers, thirty third in all sports activities, forty fourth in attendance and tied for forty fifth in attendance.
Scroll to Proceed
Louisville is the third-lowest ACC college behind solely Syracuse at sixtieth and Boston Faculty at 62nd. Clemson leads the convention at No. 16; whereas Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas and Georgia spherical out the highest 5.
Not surprisingly, the SEC leads the common rating of colleges when factoring in potential membership, coming in at 25.1. The Huge Ten is true behind them at 25.8, the ACC at 39.6, the Pac-12 at 41.4 and the Huge 12 at 49.3.
(Cardinal Stadium picture by Matt McGavic – The Louisville Report)
You possibly can comply with the Louisville Report for future protection liking us on Fb, Twitter and Instagram:
Fb – @LouisvilleReport
Twitter – @UofLReport
Instagram – @louisville_report
You can too comply with Deputy Editor Matthew McGavic at @Matt_McGavic on Twitter