In at present’s fall sports activities previews, we flip our consideration to the volleyball court docket as we have a look at two of the highest groups within the area final season. Each Eureka and St. Dominic had excellent seasons in 2021 and can proceed that development within the upcoming season.
The Wildcats are on the lookout for an excellent core group to return to proceed their dominance of the Suburban Yellow Convention. Eureka has three gamers who’ve verbally dedicated to proceed their careers after commencement.
St. Dominic is trying to return to the state last 4 for the third 12 months in a row after ending third final season and fourth in 2020. Regardless of dropping some key gamers from final season’s crew, the Crusaders can be led by an skilled returning group. this season.
- Head Coach – Jodie Fowler
- File in school – 88-26-3 in 4 years
- Convention – Suburb yellow
- 2021 file – 30-4
- 2021 Highlights – Gained their convention with an ideal 6-0 file earlier than falling to Lafayette 3-2 in Class 5 district motion
- Returning gamers: Abby Holt, Juliette Myrick, Mia Berg, Olivia Hasbrook, Dana Grib, Jenna Cubbage and Caroline Keathley.
- The entire above returners have completed nice work within the low season with energy/energy coaching packages and membership volleyball packages, so I anticipate everybody to have nice seasons!
- Myrick had 126 kills and was second on the crew with 243 digs final season, whereas Abby Holt added 207 digs and 183 kills final 12 months.
Season Outlook: “Powerful protection, full crew chemistry and an unpredictable offense can be key to our success this season,” Fowler stated. “We have put collectively a powerful schedule and are enjoying groups all around the state to maintain enhancing. With this schedule, we’ve got no selection!”
- Friday, August 26 in Borgia
- Saturday, Oct. 1 on the Eureka Event
- Wednesday, October 5 vs. Lindbergh
Crusaders of St. Dominic
- Head Coach – Courtney Bland
- Faculty file – 184-80-16 in eight seasons at St. Dominicus
- Convention – AAA
- 2021 file – 25-11-3
- 2021 Highlights – Completed the season with a third-place end on the Missouri State Excessive Faculty Affiliation Class 5 event, defeating Rock Bridge 3-2. The Crusaders fell to Cor Jesu 3-0 within the semi-finals.
- Returning gamers are Mary Kate Mulvaney, Kayla Robertson, Ella Bland, Riley Robertson and Anna Kohmetscher.
- Kayla Robertson was second on the crew final 12 months with 278 kills and 39 blocks, whereas Mary Kate Mulvaney returns after St. Paced Dominic with 396 assists final season.
Season Outlook: “We misplaced a number of gamers final season, however our program may be very deep and we can be very aggressive in any respect ranges once more this 12 months,” Bland stated. “We’re led by senior setter Might Kate Mulvaney and Kayla Robertson and Anna Kohmetscher returning and swinging outdoors, so we all know our offense can be very robust.”
- Tuesday, September 13 vs. Borgia
- Thursday, Sept. 15 vs. St. Charles Lutheran
Jim Powers is a St. Louis space prep sports activities for over 15 years and a part of the Missouri State Excessive Faculty Actions Affiliation championship broadcasts for the previous 11 years. Powers can also be a part of Fox 2’s Verlo Mattress Prep Zone on Friday nights at 10:10 throughout soccer and basketball season. When you have a prep sports activities story, contact Jim at email@example.com. Observe Jim at @hssportscaravan